Families in Different Societies
- Explore how families shape values and traditions, as well as personal beliefs and personal interests.
- Examine the challenges faced by families, such as access to education and jobs.
- Consider the evolving concept and role of families in contemporary societies.
- Explore how art influences the quality of life and values in a community.
- Consider the role/importance of art in Spanish-speaking communities.
- Discover how the arts capture and reflect the history of a community.
- Investigate how the concept of beauty is defined within a culture.
- Explore how art challenges and reflects cultural perspectives.
The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity
- Explore how developments in science and technology impact language and the ways we communicate and, ultimately, how we see ourselves.
- Examine how social media affects personal image and identity.
- Consider the role of advertising in shaping personal and public identity.
- Explore how a community’s identity is reflected in its art.
How Science and Technology Affect Our Lives
- Explore how developments in science can both create and resolve challenges in contemporary society.
- Investigate how technology creates new ways for us to connect with others and how it impacts and shapes our personal and public identities.
- Consider ways access to technology affects society and the quality of life.
- Examine how science and technology affect the values and ethics of a community.
Factors that Impact the Quality of Life
- Explore how one’s social status influences one’s quality of life.
- Investigate how cultural perspectives and traditions relate to the quality of life.
- Consider how access to education, health care, justice, food, and water impact the quality of life.
- Explore how geography influences the quality of life.
Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges
- Investigate how economic developments and environmental challenges often impact society and politics on a larger scale, which in turn affects individual families and communities.
- Explore how individuals can positively or negatively influence the world around them.
- Suggest possible solutions that address contemporary global challenges.